Tuition and Financial Aid
The current tuition rate for the USC Price Online Executive Master of Urban Planning and Master of Public Administration degrees is $2,035 per unit for the 2021–2022 academic year. Students should expect a moderate increase in tuition each academic year. The estimated total tuition you will pay is based on the number of credits your program requires you to complete.
|Program||Credits Required||Estimated Total Cost|
Master of Public Administration
Executive Master of Urban Planning
MPA Lab Fee $300
This is a one-time charge for first-year MPA students.
Are You Ready?
Move your career forward. Take the next step with USC Price today.
U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for federal student aid. Additionally, some employers may offer tuition benefits, including tuition reimbursement and low-cost loans. The University of Southern California Financial Aid Office (FAO) will provide you with the details of applying for financial aid, understanding your financial aid award and properly securing your loans. Visit the FAO website for detailed information regarding dates and deadlines and to find downloadable forms that are needed to process the financial aid application.
Information about California-specific scholarships can be found on the CalREACH website.
Financial Aid Checklist
The following is a checklist to assist you with the necessary steps to apply for financial assistance.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Federal Student Aid website. The USC school code is 001328. Sign your FAFSA application electronically upon submission.
- Complete the required Enrollment and Housing Form by logging into MyUSC. You will find the form in the Document Library in USC Financial Aid Summary and Tasks (FAST). If your enrollment changes, be sure to complete a new Enrollment and Housing Form. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 units per term to be eligible for federal student aid.
- Complete a Direct Stafford Loan Request Form to borrow through the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan You will find the Loan Request Form in the Document Library in FAST.
- Many graduate and professional students borrow the credit-based Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan in addition to the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. Visit the Federal Student Aid website for detailed information regarding credit requirements and to complete the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan request. Sign in to “Manage My Direct Loans,” and then click on “Request a Direct PLUS Loan.” Once you have completed the process, the U.S. Department of Education will notify USC electronically.
- Complete loan entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online on the Federal Student Aid website. There is a separate MPN for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Both the entrance counseling and MPN must be completed in order for loan funds to be disbursed to your student account.
- Upon admission to a USC online program, submit the Intent to Enroll and Self Certification forms. The Financial Aid Office will review your financial aid application after you have submitted your enrollment decision and will send an email notification to review your financial aid award offer via your USC email account. You will also receive login information for access to your student portal, MyUSC.
- Register for your classes.
Your USC Price Network Is Waiting
Join us. Take the first step and request information today.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Graduates working in the public service field may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. To qualify, you must have made 120 qualifying loan payments while employed by a qualifying employer. There is no income requirement for the PSLF program.
To find out if you qualify or to learn more about the requirements, reach out to our USC Price financial aid coordinator for additional information at [email protected].
VA Yellow Ribbon Program
The USC Price School is proud to partner with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide VA Yellow Ribbon benefits to qualified students. The Price School has allocated funds for five Yellow Ribbon awards each year with up to $10,000 for each award.
The Yellow Ribbon Program provides additional funding for veterans who wish to attend private institutions. These funds can be used to meet any or all of the student’s unmet tuition/fee needs but cannot exceed the total cost of tuition and fees. To qualify to receive Yellow Ribbon benefits, students must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate (100 percent) under the Post-9/11 GI Bill (based on service requirements).
How To Apply
To receive the Yellow Ribbon Program benefits, students must be admitted to the university and registered for classes. For directions on how to apply, visit the USC Veterans Certification Office website.
Recent Certificate of Eligibility
Completed Application for Semester Entitlement (ASE) form.
Copy of a valid photo identification.
Take your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veterans Certification Office and ask them to certify your enrollment to the VA, including Yellow Ribbon. Per federal regulations, eligible recipients will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: The college or university must certify your enrollment to the VA; you may not do so yourself.
Please contact the USC Veterans Certification Office for additional details on the Yellow Ribbon Program.
For more information regarding financial aid at USC, visit usc.edu/financialaid.
Request information today and an admissions counselor will reach out about next steps.